Yamaha yas 101 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just picked up a yas 101 at best buy for my 42" upstairs TV. Didn't need anything fancy since I have the 55" in the basement that I moved my HTCT500 to. Just hooked it up and first impression is that it sounds very good. I was shocked how good the bass actually is without having a sub. I will do some more testing tonight after work with music and a bluray movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

So I have been now testing it out for four hours. I can say its a great sound bar for someone that doesn't want a sub. I'm still blown away by how much bass you get out of this thing. I gave a listen to some classical, classic rock and modern music. All sounded very good. I then watched some normal tv and that sounded very good. I put in independence day in and watched some of that. It also sounded good but not much of a surround effect. That might be because how I have my room setup. Another thing is you can crank this and get no distortion. I didn't max it out since It was getting to loud. Only thing I wish this had was bluetooth and maybe a better front read out. Its hard to tell how loud you have it or what bass settings you are at. Other then that this performs great for my use in my second TV room without needing a woofer on the floor. I can now see why Yamaha is the king of soundbars. This also would be great for a bedroom. Hmmm almost makes me want to replace my CT500 with the YSP-4300 biggrin.gif
Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 PM

How is this ageinst oftere sound bars? Dialogs and movie sound?

Tags
Yamaha Yas 101bl Front Surround System Piano Black , Sony Htct500 3 1 Speaker System With Complete Built In A V Receiver Black , Ysp 4300 Digital Sound Projector With Wireless Subwoofer