Audio Loss with PS3 Connected to Soundbar however sounds great with TV/Cable? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2012, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i just bought an LG 2.1 Channel NB3520A Soundbar. The soundbar system has 2 digital optical inputs only. I have a HD cable box connected to the TV with an HDMI cable to input 1. The optical output from the TV is connected directly to the optical input 1 in the sound bar. it sounds very good and loud when i watch TV. Very happy.

Now i also have the PS3 connected to the TV via HDMI to input 2 on the TV. When i watch a movie on the PS3, i notice a significant loss in audio quality and loudness. it's not as loud versus the TV. I tried connecting another optical audio cable directly from the PS3 to the optical input 2 on the soundbar. It seems like im getting a slightly better sound but not compared to the TV/soundbar combo. I have tried adjusting the audio settings on the PS3 but no luck. All i want is the same sound im getting from the TV/Cable on the PS3. Is there something i can buy or set up differently to achieve this?

Thank you for your help

Tags
Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming
Gear in this thread