NEED HELP!! setting my sound bar up with my tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so like the title says I need help. im completely new to surround sound systems and sound bars and etc. so here's the question....

what cord goes where? i want to hook up my
-lcd 40 in Emerson for watching regular tv just threw a cable cord not hdmi
-vizio sound bar
-xbox 360(hdmi)
-computer(hdmi)

i want them all to have sound threw the sound bar, not at the same time obviously but just want it all to have sound when choose to use whatever one.

now i know you guys probably need alot more info but im not exactly sure what your looking for so feel free to ask questions and i can try and figure out what your talking about haha

any ways thanks in advance for the help biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
the first thing you need to do to get help is to go to the vizio website and find the model of the soundbar and then provide a link to the soundbar you have in this thread.

As a general answer you will do something like this

XBOX ---HDMI--->TV
PC
HDMI--->TV
CABLE
>TV

TV--COMPOSITE--->Soundbar
for this last step you will need to look on the back of your TV for the red and white composite OUTPUTS. Make sure its labeled output and not input, and run composite red and white cables from the tv to the soundbar connecting red to red and white to white. If your TV has an optical output and the soundbar has an optical input you could use an optical cable instead of composite but optical cables are much more expensive than composite; you can usually find composite cables at the dollar store.

Then you need to set your TV to use "external speakers" in the TV audio options.
Then configure your audio settings on your xbox(there should be an auto-detect option)
Then configure your audio settings on your pc by right clicking the speaker icon in the bottom righr corner of your taskbar>manage playback devices>and enabling HDMI out.

void adjustPrice{

if (hasAppleLogo == true){

price += 450;

}

}

Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page