I have a Sharp Aquos 60 inch LE640u smart Tv + a Sharp Soundbar HT-SB60.
• 2.1ch Sound Bar Home Theatre System
• 60" Matching Design
• 310W RMS Total Output Power
(80W/Ch + 150W Subwoofer)
• Wireless Subwoofer for Flexible Placement
• dts Digital Surround / Dolby Digital
• 3D Audio (Arnis 3D Sound)
• Sound Modes: Cinema/Music/Game/Sport/News/Night
• HDMI 3D Pass Through / Repeater / ARC
• HDMI In (x2) and HDMI Out (x1) for HDMI Switching
• Audio in: 3.5mm (x1), Optical (x1)
• Volume Control via TV Remote
• Auto Power On/Off
• Wall Mounting Brackets and Template Supplied
• Remote Control
• Stand-By Power 0.4W MODEL OVERVIEW
"Immerse yourself in a room full of sound with this 2.1 channel
sound bar home theatre system featuring 150W wireless
subwoofer. Equipped with four woofers and two soft dome
tweeters, the HT-SB60 boasts 310 watts RMS total output
The system is designed for 60" class or larger televisions.
With supplied wall mounting hardware and multiple
connectivity options, the HT-SB60 will complete your home
entertainment experience. " .....
So the user manual states that I should connect my cable box and ps3 to the soundbar via hdmi and connect the soundbar to the tv via hdmi (Tv arc capable). Strange thing is, i tried playing a bluray this way, and only audio came out from the soundbar, but no picture was displayed on the tv. The aquos link is connected.
What am I doing wrong.
Ps. I have plugged everything to the tv and then connected the tv to the soundbar, and although this works, it does not necessarily ensure that I get dolby/dts surround audio coming out of my speakers.