Soundbar playing sound for all my gadget? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-02-2012, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I live in a condo so i really dont want to buy a true home theater system since i wouldnt be able to use it to its full capability since id be disturbing neighbors and what not so i was thinking a soundbar might fulfill my needs. Currently i have a 55' Samsung 3D LED UN55ES7100 TV, Xbox 360, Samsung BDE5900 3D Blu-ray player and a HD/DVR from Cox Cable. All the items are connected using Highspeed Hdmi cables from Monoprice. Im really new to the Home Theater stuff so i was confused if i was to buy a soundbar and subwoofer would i be able to bypass my tv speakers and always get sound from the soundbar if im playing games,blu-ray, or watching tv, or would i still have to buy a reciever? Also im sure it has been asked before but was looking for any reccomendations for a soundbar or what type of features should i be looking for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 47
You should be able to find a number of soundbars meeting your criteria. Most have at least two or three connections (you appear to require 3). The easiest way to handle everything is connect everything to your TV via HDMI and the TV to the soundbar using either the digital audio output from your TV or HDMI if you find both soundbar and TV support ARC.

Recommendations: Yamaha 101 - Panasonic HTB-20 - Vizio (almost any model). All are inexpensive and have decent sound as well as decent simulated surround. I am currently using the Panasonic. Someone reported it on sale at Amazon for $ 110.00. If so, a fantastic buy.

David Freeman
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Bd E5900 3d Wifi Blu Ray Disc Player , Yamaha Yas 101bl Front Surround System Piano Black
Gear in this thread - E5900 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page