Looking at a bedroom soundbar/solution - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-03-2012, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

Stumbled upon this new Vizio wireless woofer soundbar combo. Looks good, solid reviews, priced at $200.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-VHT215-Theater-Wireless-Subwoofer/dp/B005P99KX4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354592882&sr=8-2&keywords=vizio+wireless+soundbar

I have a 46" flat screen in the bedroom (about 4 feet off the ground on a swivel wall mount). Looking for more sound. Cable don't bother me since I can tuck them away behind the mount.

Questions are:

1) Can I get away with anything good for $120-150?
2) I'm thinking the best place to mount this bar would be under the TV (since there is only about 3-4 feet of clearance above it)
3) What's my best option for better sound in the bedroom for $200 (ideally $150)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-04-2012, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Also discovered the Samsung HW-E450 but the reviews seem pretty mixed here. Of course, I'm not expecting B&W reference sound here but just want to upgrade the bedroom movie experience.

I like the feature of playing an iPod/iPhone wirelessly on the Samsung but would rather have better sound than that (would revert to AirPlay over an Apple TV in that case).

So what do you guys think:

Vizio VHT-215
Samsung HW-E450
Yamaha YAS-101?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-04-2012, 12:57 PM

I like my Samsung HW-E450... The sound is not as punchy as some soundbars and speaker setups I have heard, but, to me it sounds deceptively warm and natural when you turn off the EQ presets and 3D sound. The bass passing through to the subwoofer is way too heavy for me at 0 so I turn it down to -4 where it is just fine for my subwoofer placement.

I recognise that there are better sounding soundbars than the samsung out there, but for the price I paid ($240), I think I got good value.

The one thing with the samsung is the anynet+ function doesn't seem to be compatible with many other tv manufactures systems. This means that you may not be able to control the volume of the soundbar with your tv remote if you own a tv made by LG, Panasonic, etc...

My 2c

KV
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar , Vizio Vht215 , Yamaha Yas 101bl Front Surround System Piano Black
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page