Energy Power Bar vs Yamaha YAS-101 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-08-2012, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went into HH Gregg today planning on buying the Yamaha YAS-101 since they have for $216 and I have a 10% off coupon. I explained I had a surround sound system before and since I have moved it's not really an option to continue to use that setup and I had planned to not deal with a wireless sub.

He shows me the YAS-101 then shows me the Energy Power Bar with the sub which he says is on sale for $239. I explain again that I really don't want to deal with the a sub so he goes in back to find price of just the Energy soundbar w/o the sub. He comes back a few minutes later and switches the signs that the $239 Energy speaker should be just the speaker w/o the sub and the Energy Power Bar with the sub should be $389 (I think that what the price was). He says though that he will check with manager to see if they can honor price since it was a mistake on their side.

He comes back a few minutes later stating they can honor that $239 price but I can't use the coupon. I thought it was a good deal (was looking up prices on phone while he was gone) and figured I will find a place for the sub at that price.

Will the sound on the Energy Power Bar be that much better than the YAS-101? There is part of me wondering if I really got that good of a deal even the the sales guy claimed they were selling it to me at below cost.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I had the Yamaha YAS-101. It is good for what it is, but it's definitely inferior to my Energy Power Bar Elite that I ultimately wound up getting.

The subwoofer is wireless, it's not much to deal with. At the end of the day, the subwoofer will really add to your audio experience. Sounds like a good deal, I believe the MSRP on the Energy Power Bar is 399.99...
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Yamaha Yas 101bl Front Surround System Piano Black
Gear in this thread - 101bl by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page