sony htct-150 sound bar sound muffled - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In spite of every thing that I can think to do with the sound bar system all I get is very poor muffled sound from the sound bar. I get the impression that the sound from the tv is fighting the sound from the sound bar. I have checked the setup on the 47" Toshiba flat screen and the tv sound selection does not give the ability to turn off the speakers completely. I do have the tv volume turned down to zero. Any suggestions folks. Thanks. Also when switch from a sd channel to a hd channel the volume is reduced to half of the volume on the sd channel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybouldin View Post

In spite of every thing that I can think to do with the sound bar system all I get is very poor muffled sound from the sound bar. I get the impression that the sound from the tv is fighting the sound from the sound bar. I have checked the setup on the 47" Toshiba flat screen and the tv sound selection does not give the ability to turn off the speakers completely. I do have the tv volume turned down to zero. Any suggestions folks. Thanks. Also when switch from a sd channel to a hd channel the volume is reduced to half of the volume on the sd channel.

What do you have connected to the soundbar and how do you have it connected?

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-09-2012, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
And post the model # of your Toshiba TV?
post #4 of 5 Old 12-09-2012, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
The model number of the Toshiba 47" flat screen is: 47LZ196. Thanks for the interest.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Page 45 of your TV owner's manual explains how to turn the internal speakers OFF. It also shows you how to switch the audio output on the optical connection between PCM and Dolby.

You didn't respond to Doctego's question though. We can't try to help you if you don't provide information. Do you have source devices and, if so, are they connected to your TV or to the CT150? How are they connected? HDMI?

The recommended way to make connections is connect your source devices via HDMI directly to the CT150 and run HDMI from there to your TV. Your original post doesn't sound like that's the way you set the soundbar up.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Ht Ct150 Virtual 5 1 Channel Sound Bar And Subwoofer Set Accessory Kit
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page