Problem with HDMI Inputs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I just recently purchased a Panasonic Viera 50" Plasma TV (TC-P50UT50). It is great, but it only has two HDMI inputs, and I have 3 HDMI devices. I have a Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray player, U-Verse DVR, and XBox 360 (and likely will have a PS3 shortly). At any rate, I bought an HDMI switch (don't remember the brand / model, but it was $85.00) that said it supported 3D at Best buy, but it did not work when playing dvds or blu-rays. It was constantly skipping or pixelating during playback. This was not playing a 3D blu-ray, in fact, I was playing a DVD of ZombieLand. If I remove the switch box and plug the blu-ray player directly into the TV, the problem went away. All of that said, I'm looking for a solution. Do y'all have any ideas? i thought about getting a receiver and speakers, but I kind of hate to sink all that money into it. I'd actually much prefer to get a sound bar than a full-blown receiver, but I'm not sure any of them will suit my needs. If a receiver is the answer, I'd love some recommendations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 393
It sounds like you might have a defective switch, bad cables or poor connectors. Unfortunately, price has very little relationship to quality frown.gif

Many people like the switches sold by Monoprice. Personally, I don't use them, so I can't recommend a particular model. Hopefully someone else can. At any rate, a Web search should provide some possibilites.

Selden
post #3 of 4 Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I ended up buying a Yamaha RX-v373 reciver that was bundled with a set of 5.1 speakers. I'm not a huge audiophile, but this should definitely meet my needs. I wanted to spring for the 473 so I could use the android tablet as a remote control, but since it didn't come bundled with any speakers, it would have ended up costing me a lot more money.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 393
You seem to have gotten a reasonably good starter system.

Enjoy!

Selden
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P50ut50 50 Inch Plasma Tv , Xbox 360 Console , Yamaha Rx V373 5 1 Channel Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - P50ut50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page