Hello - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help - I have just bought a samsung ES6300 TV, a samsung blu ray 3d Blu ray player and the 450 soundbar.

I have asked people in the shop (PCworld) which is the best way to link it all up. They suggest that as the Blu ray and Satellite is connected to the the TV with HDMI leads - I only need to connect the TV to the soundbar with an optical cable.

Others suggest that I should buy a splitter and connect the Blu ray and the Satellite directly to the soundbar through a splitter.

At the moment I have to use all the remote controls - any simple ideas of how I can reduce the number to use.

Please keep you answers simple - and if you are using any jargon - please explain in simple terms.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
You might want to browse through the main thread for the Samsung HW-E450 soundbar. Connection questions and options have been frequently discussed there. In a nutshell, you should connect your BD player to the soundbar, not to the TV. You can try connecting the sat receiver to the soundbar to see if it sounds better to you that way than connected to the TV. If so, get an HDMI switch so both devices can be connected to the soundbar.