I've read many of the posts and would like to narrow particular issues to my equipment and hookups.
1. HW-450E Samsung Soundbar
2. Samsung HDTV (no ARC)...6-yr-old model LN-S4041D
3. Comcast HDTV set-top box
4. Digital Optical cable from TV to Soundbar
5. Audio cable from Soundbar Audio port in order to couple with Macbook for watching home movies using soundbar system
1. When using "Smart Volume" there seems to be a delay between the persons on the screen talking and the actual sound of their voices coming through the Soundbar. This doesn't seem to happen when "Smart Volume" is off.
2. After getting several codes for syncing the HW-450E with my Comcast remote, none of the codes worked. Samsung was no help when I called them.
3. HW-450E does NOT shut off when shutting off TV even though I'm using an optical digital cable hookup between TV and Soundbar
Is there a better way to hook up my system for maximum enjoyment and ONE remote use?
I already found out (the hard way) that the HW-450E can't be attached with Universal Brackets...bought brackets and found out no threaded holes in HW-450E to attach to...had to send brackets back and I had to pay the shipping back!