Opinions on Toshiba SBX4250? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have been looking at the Toshiba SBX4250 soundbar, but there are very few user reviews and no professional reviews of this unit. It sounds pretty good in the store, but I'm wondering if anyone on here has one. If so, any opinions on it would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-20-2012, 05:58 AM

Liked: 10
I bought one a couple of weeks ago when Best Buy had it on sale for $199 (thanks to Dealnews.com for the deal!). With the two HMDI inputs, wireless subwoofer, and bluetooth, I figured it was worth a shot. So far I am very pleased as it it works quite well and is a big improvement on the TV speakers. My TV has CEC so the bar turns on/off with the TV and my DirecTV remote control the volume so that's quite nice as well. I have a bluray player and DirecTV HD receiver hooked up using the HDMI and that works nicely. I have an optical cable coming from Monoprice that I will connect for when I watch OTA TV and use the SmartTV functions. The bluetooth seems to work quite nicely as we used it recently with my wife's Ipod Touch and I was carrying it pretty far from the TV (15-20 feet) with no issues.

If you can wait until it's $199 again, I think it is a hell of deal since it has the two HDMI inputs and one HDMI output so you not just stuck with the limitations of running the audio from the TV over optical.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-29-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_bajo View Post

I bought one a couple of weeks ago when Best Buy had it on sale for $199 (thanks to Dealnews.com for the deal!).

If you can wait until it's $199 again, I think it is a hell of deal since it has the two HDMI inputs and one HDMI output so you not just stuck with the limitations of running the audio from the TV over optical.

Hey El bajo - I was in BB earlier today and mentioned the $199 price based on this thread to see if they would match it. The customer service rep laughed and told me that the cheapest it's *ever* been offered at BB was $250. I'm pretty sure he looked it up. I'm just wondering if you happen to have a copy of the receipt that you could scan and insert into a reply. I bet if I showed them that, they would honor the price. I tend to believe you rather than them.

Regardless, I picked up an open box SBX4250 for $246 and will be setting it up tonight. Will issue a report afterwards.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-17-2013, 05:24 AM

I'm sorry, but I didn't see this message until now. I've attached some scans of my receipts. I will say that I have not seen it lower than $249 anywhere since that week in November either, so I do feel quite lucky to have bought it when I did.

bestbuy.PDF 329k .PDF file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bestbuy.PDF (329.2 KB, 2 views)
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Toshiba Sbx4250 300w 2 1 Wireless Sound Bar Black
Gear in this thread - Sbx4250 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page