Toshiba SBX4250 Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-24-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got a Toshiba SBX4250 to use with my Samsung UN60ES6100FXZA in the living room. The way I hooked it up was, Cable box and Sony blue ray HDMI's to tv. HDMI to ARC on sound bar and tv. Everything works fine until I turn the sound bar off (standby mode). When I turn it back on I get no sound out of the sound bar. The only way it will work again is if I unplug it from the wall plug it back in and reselect ARC on the bar as the input. Not sure whats causing it, tried to get a hold of Toshiba tech support but it's no existent for sound bars. If I can't figure it out I'll take it back. One of the reasons I chose it was because of the HDMI connections as I want to be able to control the sound and function through one remote. If anyone has any other recommendations on other sound bars preferably HDMI but I'll go with an optical one if I have to. I was looking at the Sony HTCT260 as maybe another option but it doesn't have HDMI. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Have you tried connecting your cable box and BD player directly to the soundbar instead of to the TV? That may solve the problem, or at least you'd find out if the problem still exists that way also.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Haven't tried it that way yet, that was in the plans to do either later today or maybe sometime tomorrow. I was hoping to just get away with running the HDMI ARC, but will have to see. Just seemed weird that it won't work coming out of standby mode. Sure would be nice if Toshiba had some kind of tech support (live person) besides their forum that I'm not even sure they visit.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 AM

Not sure why you'd want to do this at all (connect device HMDI to TV instead of soundbar). The TV will only output 2-channel sound to the soundbar, not the 5.1 coming from the receiver or BR player. That is why the the unit has two HDMI inputs and then you use the single output to the TV's input and you can still use the ARC port. I have it this way (with CEC enabled) and it controls the volume for all sources and turns on/off with the TV.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-11-2013, 09:25 PM

I have a different issue with my SBX4250.

I have it connected with HDMI cable arc to arc. I have my PS3, Xbox360, Cable box plugged to the other 3 HDMI ports on the TV.

When I watch TV, there is never any problems with sound. However when I play games on both the PS3 and 360, certain sounds will crackle. For instance an explosion. I have played with the treble, bass, and sub options setting them to lowest possible on both the TV and soundbar, but the sound problem still exist.

Any suggestions?
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Toshiba Sbx4250 300w 2 1 Wireless Sound Bar Black , Samsung Un60es6100 60 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Slim Led Hdtv Black , Sony Htct260 Sound Bar Home Theater System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page