Samsung HW-E450 Crystal Surround Air Track - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Purchased 70" Sharp LCD TV with Samsung HW-E450 surround sound to go with it at Sears for Xmas......TV working ok.......but can't get sound out of sound system.........are they compatible ??.....yes Mute is off......recheched all.....repluged an started over.....remote for sound system tells me it's ok but no sound......went to Samsung support and ask a question and the reply was that I have to pay $28.00 for a reply.........what gives ??? ...is this normal answer for help with a new product I purchased..........PLS help....THX.....Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

PLS......reply to my email......im a dummy wen it comes to find this place again........butch100@xplornet.com......thx
post #3 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Hopefully you find your way back here and learn to use your browser's bookmark feature. smile.gif

In order to try to help you we need to know WHAT you have connected, WHERE it's connected, and HOW it's connected. Are you trying to use ARC? Do you watch TV OTA? Be specific.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

wats arc ??...and tv ota ??.......
post #5 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Just provide the information previously requested. What source devices are you trying to connect, how are you connecting them, and where?

OTA = over-the-air (antenna)
ARC = audio return channel (do any of the HDMI inputs on the TV have "ARC" next to the input?)

Also, you may want to read through posts in the main HW-E450 thread as there is a lot of connection information there.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM

Hi! I have a similar problem, maybe u all can help? I also have a new HW-e450 soundbar. I have it hooked to my Samsung tv no problem, HDMI in & out. But how can I also hear my PS3 thru it? Do I have to connect the ps3 as well, or shouldn't anything plugged into the tv come out thru the soundbar? Please help, I don't understand the connections!
post #7 of 7 Old 12-31-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygonzo View Post

Hi! I have a similar problem, maybe u all can help? I also have a new HW-e450 soundbar. I have it hooked to my Samsung tv no problem, HDMI in & out. But how can I also hear my PS3 thru it? Do I have to connect the ps3 as well, or shouldn't anything plugged into the tv come out thru the soundbar? Please help, I don't understand the connections!

There is a master thread for the HW-E450. You can learn a lot about connections by skimming through it.

You said you're hooked to your TV "no problem". What is it you're listening to that's "no problem"? If you have ARC enabled on your TV and on the soundbar, then yes you should get audio to the soundbar from anything connected to your TV. You also have the option of connecting the PS3 directly to the HDMI input on the soundbar.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page