JBL Cinema SB 400 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 125 Old 08-04-2014, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
James, how long have you had yours? I ask because I've had mine for a week now, and it sounds awesome, but I'm worried it might start "popping"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 125 Old 08-08-2014, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
after owning the JBL SB400 for almost two weeks, the soundbar started poping this morning. I exchanged it for a Harman Kardon SB26. Hopefully the Harman Kardon doesn't have any issues like the JBL.
post #123 of 125 Old 08-10-2014, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm really confused by a similar problem.

I'm using optical out of my Bravia to the SB400. On initial hookup, I was getting loud pops and occasional feedback hum from the SB400, and was worried that something was going to die. So I turned it off and re-enabled the Bravia speakers to check them. They were fine, so I turned on the SB400 with the TV speakers still enabled - it STILL worked fine. Just to double-check, I turned the TV back to external speakers only, and the popping came back. Turned internal back on, and it's completely stopped.

Odd thing is that I tried the same test with both my old receiver and a Sony soundbar, and neither exhibited this issue...
post #124 of 125 Old 08-22-2014, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm connecting my blueray player to SB400 by HDMI and from the SB400 to my TV also via HDMI.

My question is does SB400 support audio bypass? I would like to know if SB400 allows hdmi control as well.

My current Marantz AVR hook up the same way. With all devices on standby. Using the blueray control the TV will power up and switch to blueray input. Press play and sound comes out of the TV speakers.
When I power up the AVR, sound is disabled on the TV and sound comes out from the AVR. Volume can be controlled using both the TV or the AVR control. I think is anyNET?
Will sb400 behave like my AVR?
Thanks.
post #125 of 125 Old 09-02-2014, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sb 400

Have been using mine for better than 2 months now. I downsized from a decent 5.1 system in my family room. Wife approved. Is it as good as the 5.1? With action movies - no, musically and sonic preference, overall my ears like it better. I stream music through various apps via BT. The highs are high, the lows are low, the mids are decent as well. Dialog can get lost a bit in a fast paced action movie...that said I find hard discs like BR or standard are less likely to loose the dialogue portion. Saw Battleship last night off my DVR via FX network - the dialogue got lost in the shuffle a bit...but is that why you would watch a movie like that. 3 HDMI in and 1 out, optical and BT. For the price you cannot beat it. Oh yeah, did I mention the sub? Deep, rumbly and yet still smooth. I do miss the surround of a 5.1 but not the set up and excess baggage. Give a shout if you have questions.

Nick
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Jbl Cinema Sb 400 Plug N Play 2 X 60 Watt Soundbar System , Harman Kardon Sb 30 5 1 Soundbar And Wireless Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page