Panasonic SC-HTB350 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased the Panasonic SC-HTB350 from BESTBUY today for $149 (had $90 in GC). This is my first speaker purchase. I have it in my living room and I think I will keep it. I didn't want to spend a lot of money right now and this seem to fit the bill. I will eventually upgrade and move this and my 47 inch TV in my bedroom. I have this hooked to my TV with the optical connection. I have my DirecTV, 360, Wii U and my PS3 hooked to the TV with hdmi. Will it benefit me to hook my ps3 up directly to the Panasonic thru the 2nd optical connection? Or will it just be the same as going thru the TV? My family is enjoying it so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Hooking the PS3 directly to the soundbar would be marginally beneficial as then the soundbar would have all 5 channels in to create a simulated 5 channel output. From the TV, you will get only 2-channels to the soundbar with the exception of native TV content (over the air or cable direct, not cable box to TV). Since the PS3 is probably used for Blu-Ray, I would connect via optical directly to the soundbar. However, if you don't want to go through the hassell, the sound will be way better than your intrnal speakers exactly as you have connected right now.

David Freeman
post #3 of 3 Old 01-12-2013, 11:48 AM

Liked: 11
This is on sale for $149.99 at BB this week. I was about to pull the trigger, but it doesn't have ARC or Viera Link support (I don't use a universal remote in my bedroom).
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Panasonic Sc Htb350 Energy Star 2 1 Channel 240 Watt Multi Positional Audio System With Wireless Mus
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page