Soundbar + TV + Xbox NEED HELP!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-30-2012, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, i have a crap RCA sound bar.. it only takes RCA and 1/8 inch. I am a freaking audio engineer and i am stumped with this consumer electronic connection stuff lol ridiculous. Anyways i am using the red green blue xbox cable (or hdmi) to hook into the component in on the tv. Works fine. Now keep in mind i have gotten this soundbar to work with the xbox before and now i have completely forgotten what connection goes where. I have 0 outputs btw except for digital optical out. Everything is component or AV in. Now the only cable i have for the soundbar is red and white RCA. My tv is a 32" LG32LK450 i really need help guys, i can't take the tv speakers much longer. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
There's no headphone jack on the TV? If there's no RCA audio out, you can get an RCA to 3.5mm adapter to connect the sound bar to the TV.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-30-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

It's weird because i've gotten it connected at an input before with the soundbar playing with the xbox only and not the tv. I pulled all the wires out and bam can't get it back. But yes i guess ill just have to get an 1/8 to 1/8 i really don't have the money for a new soundbar with better options.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-30-2012, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

wait the 3.5 mm adapter would be white RCA audio to an 1/8" into the tv? I have that cable and it doesn't work... let me know if i am right about the cable you are talking about.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

ohhh the RCA to headphone jack does work i remember but the volume gets so quiet it just doesn't even compare to the TV volume. fudge.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-31-2012, 01:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
This is what I was talking about:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021817&p_id=9300&seq=1&format=2#description

It should definitely sound louder than your TV speakers. Make sure that the cables are plugged in completely and are snug.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page