Just tested 2 sound bars *TEST* - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-31-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was unhappy with one so I bought another and tested them back to back

9 foot ceiling
10x15 room

Candidates:
*boston acoustics TVEE 26 ($350 retail)
*energy power bar ($400 retail)

I have had the BA for alittle over a week now and from the get go I thought it lacked highs as well as volume from the bar making some conversations while watching movies hard to hear! The bass can be overwhelming if turned up to high but dialed back its great!

Last night I started watching lawless! Good movie FYI. I got about 15 mins in a realized I had missed a ton of convo even with the volume all the way up. So I did what anyone else would do lol. Ran to best buy and bought another one to bring back and test!

Energy power bar (non elite). Hook up was easy. My remote learned all the functions on the first try. I started the movie over and instantly was able to hear everything I missed with volume to spare!!! The bass is not as heavy but there is still plenty! The highs you get out of the 2 way bar compared to the BA 1 way bar is amazing

Surround emulation is about the same out of both. The BA may be a touch better there but not at the price of clarity and power

Both hooked up via optical

All this said considering there both within $50 of each other the energy blows the Boston away!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page