Need help with Toshiba SBX4250 installation! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-01-2013, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The soundbar is the Toshiba SBX4250(just purchased) and the television is a RCA Model L46WD22 and this was bought July 2007. I have a DVD player and a Wii gaming system(I stream Netflix through it-Wireless)hooked up to it. Everything works fine but i'm simply lost on how to connect the soundbar to this television. From the directions it says I can use an optical cable,HDMI cable or the basic RCA plugins which I have and would like to hook it up using the RCA plugins.

I simply can't figure out how to install it. Can the soundbar bar be installed so that it can be used only for the tv and then use the DVD player and Netflix? This is where i'm confused. I know to use the DVD player or the wireless Wii I have to hit the input button on the television and go to that input in order for them to work correctly. Really would like your input on this. I do appreciate it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Not sure what part of this is confusing you. Your TV has RCA (analog) audio output. The soundbar has two RCA (analog) audio inputs. Just connect a standard red/white cable between the two. On the TV settings you'll want to turn speakers off and set audio output to fixed. See pages 34/35 of your manual. Everything else about your current connections should stay the same.

On the soundbar, just select the appropriate input for whichever connection you used.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-01-2013, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank You! I would have never thought about making the connections at the "Fixed/Variable Audio Output" connection. Also about the turning the speakers off and to set the audio to fixed. It fired right up and with the subwoofer it has very good sound! Again,Thank You.
Reply Soundbars