PLEASE help me finding a right soundbar system with "HDMI ARC with LG TV" and "bluetooth connectivity" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, i'm looking for a nice soundbar system with the following features:

1. Wireless sub woofer
2. HDMI ARC with my LG TV (55LM6700) - as i want to control tv turn on/off and volume control with ONE tv remote
3. Bluetooth connectivity - music (pandora, mp3) streaming from my iPhone

So far, i found two soundbars that satisfy above requirements:

- Samsung HW-E450
- Toshiba SBX4250

For Samsung HW-E450, I read the related thread and many people say that ARC only works with Samsung tvs (that is, i need two remotes to control tv on/off and volume).
For Toshiba SBX4250, i'm not pretty sure if toshiba soundbar will have a good sound quality.

So, can you recommend other soundbar systems with 1) wireless sub woofer 2) HDMI ARC with my LG TV (55LM6700) and 3) bluetooth connectivity?

Thanks!
Gi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I thought that most of the ARC issues with the HW-E450 were with Samsung TV's and not other brands. My TV doesn't have ARC so I can't confirm this but this seems to be a shortcoming of Samsung TV's.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego View Post

I thought that most of the ARC issues with the HW-E450 were with Samsung TV's and not other brands. My TV doesn't have ARC so I can't confirm this but this seems to be a shortcoming of Samsung TV's.

The ARC function is the part that doesn't seem to work well with non-Samsung TVs; however, that refers strictly to using the HDMI connection for audio return. The OP seems to be referring to the "control" functions of CEC, not ARC, which, based on posts here, usually work okay with non-Sammys as long as the TV supports CEC.
Quote:
For Samsung HW-E450, I read the related thread and many people say that ARC only works with Samsung tvs (that is, i need two remotes to control tv on/off and volume).
post #4 of 6 Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!
My lg tv supports hdmi CEC. Then, do I need one hdmi cable for CEC and one optical cable for sound? Can I use any hdmi port (ARC or not) for CEC?
post #5 of 6 Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 AM

Gi, did you ever find a solution? i'm looking for the *exact* same setup and frustrated with the confusing marketing information out there.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 03:12 AM

I've got an LG BB5520A model sound bar, however i'm in south africa:(...not sure if they have that model wherever u are or maybe its under another model name..its brilliant, supports everything u ask for and SIMPLINK makes it easier with the LG tv..hope they have it in your part of the world:cool:
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm6700 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar , Toshiba Sbx4250 300w 2 1 Wireless Sound Bar Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page