AVS Forum banner

PLEASE help me finding a right soundbar system with "HDMI ARC with LG TV" and "bluetooth connectivity"

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  inglorius 1 
#1 ·
Hi, i'm looking for a nice soundbar system with the following features:

1. Wireless sub woofer

2. HDMI ARC with my LG TV (55LM6700) - as i want to control tv turn on/off and volume control with ONE tv remote

3. Bluetooth connectivity - music (pandora, mp3) streaming from my iPhone

So far, i found two soundbars that satisfy above requirements:

- Samsung HW-E450

- Toshiba SBX4250

For Samsung HW-E450, I read the related thread and many people say that ARC only works with Samsung tvs (that is, i need two remotes to control tv on/off and volume).

For Toshiba SBX4250, i'm not pretty sure if toshiba soundbar will have a good sound quality.

So, can you recommend other soundbar systems with 1) wireless sub woofer 2) HDMI ARC with my LG TV (55LM6700) and 3) bluetooth connectivity?

Thanks!

Gi

See less See more
#2 ·
I thought that most of the ARC issues with the HW-E450 were with Samsung TV's and not other brands. My TV doesn't have ARC so I can't confirm this but this seems to be a shortcoming of Samsung TV's.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego  /t/1449033/please-help-me-finding-a...g-tv-and-bluetooth-connectivity#post_22772037

I thought that most of the ARC issues with the HW-E450 were with Samsung TV's and not other brands. My TV doesn't have ARC so I can't confirm this but this seems to be a shortcoming of Samsung TV's.

The ARC function is the part that doesn't seem to work well with non-Samsung TVs; however, that refers strictly to using the HDMI connection for audio return. The OP seems to be referring to the "control" functions of CEC, not ARC, which, based on posts here, usually work okay with non-Sammys as long as the TV supports CEC.
Quote:
For Samsung HW-E450, I read the related thread and many people say that ARC only works with Samsung tvs (that is, i need two remotes to control tv on/off and volume).

#6 ·
I've got an LG BB5520A model sound bar, however i'm in south africa:(...not sure if they have that model wherever u are or maybe its under another model name..its brilliant, supports everything u ask for and SIMPLINK makes it easier with the LG tv..hope they have it in your part of the world:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.