Problem with Yahama YHT-S401 Soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-04-2013, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I’m having a strange problem with my AV setup. I have an LG 55LM5600 TV, DirecTV HR22-100 DVR, a Panasonic DMP-BDT220P BluRay player, and a Yamaha YHT-S401BL AV receiver/soundbar (I actually have several other pieces, but these are the ones relevant to my issue). I have it set up so that the DVR and BluRay feed into the HDMI1 and HDMI2 ports, respectively, of the receiver, which sends the signal to the TV on its HDMI1 port, which is an ARC connection. Normally, this works fine. However, occasionally, the receiver stops sending the correct picture signal from the DVR to the TV. The audio is fine (coming out of the receiver). The TV is getting some kind of signal, because I don’t get the “no signal on this input” error message that I would otherwise expect. Furthermore, the receiver still sends the correct signal from the BluRay player, so it can send some video signals, and the cable from the receiver to the TV is fine. Also, if I hook the DVR directly into the TV via another HDMI port, it also works fine, so there is no problem with the DVR itself or the cable connected to it (when I do this, the sound properly gets sent to the receiver via the optical sound connection). It isn’t anything inherent in the particular receiver HDMI ports I use because when the problem is occurring, the BluRay works on any port, and the DVR doesn’t work on any of them. This happened once before, and I used the system with the DVR connected directly connected to the TV for a while. I decided to give the old setup one more try, and then it worked fine again. Now, however, the problem is happening once more, and I can’t figure out why or how to fix it. I could just rework the system to control everything through the TV, but I prefer to run it through the receiver if possible. I believe I saw somewhere that that was the better way to do it, but if I am mistaken in that belief then I can certainly rework it (the main issue is that I will have to reprogram my Harmony remote, but that shouldn’t be too hard). Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem, and how to fix it? Thanks!
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Yamaha Yht S401bl Front Surround Home Theater System
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page