Sony HT-CT260 setup help multiple components - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for assistance in the setup of my new sound bar (Sony HT-CT260). I'm hooking it up to an older Bravia LCD tv. The tv only has 1 HDMI output so I use a switch to toggle between my comcast cable/dvr box, western digital WDTV Live, & Apple TV. If I run an optical cable from the sound bar straight to the tv I get NO sound. The only way to get sound is to run an optical cable from the sound bar to each component individually. So now I have an optical audio switch in order to toggle audio between each component. Is there any other way to hook up this sound bar to multiple components without requiring an optical audio switch? Should I be able to hook it up directly into the tv and produce whatever sound is coming from the video playing on the tv, whether coming from any of the other components? Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I would have expected the soundbar to receive audio over the optical connection directly from your TV. I don't know if the HDMI switch could be the source of the problem, but have you tried connecting just ONE of your source devices to the TV (direct connection, bypass the switch) and then trying the optical from TV to soundbar. Do you get audio that way? If so, the HDMI switch may be the culprit. If that doesn't work, then there may be a problem with theTV's optical out, or the switch is introducing an issue.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Htct260 Sound Bar Home Theater System
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page