Please help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung 43" 3d Tv Model number PS43E490B and I am trying to connect a Samsung HW - E450 soundbar. I am getting no sound whatsoever. I was told I needed an ARC cable so I went out and bought one which still didn''''t work, I then went out to buy an Optical Cable - I went out and bought one, it didn''''t work. I have tried the aux cable that came with the system, that failed to work as has a standard hdmi cable. The settings I have are as follows - In the tv I have the hdmi 2 socket selected, the cable goes to the out hdmi on the soundbar and I have the external speaker setting on The Tv. The soundbar is set to hdmi (or whatever input is connected) Is there something I am doing wrong??, Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I tried to find a manual for your TV but only found an e-manual that didn't help. Does your TV support ARC? If it does, one of your HDMI inputs will have ARC printed next to it. If the TV supports ARC, then connecting from that port to the HDMI-out port on the soundbar should work. You would need to select D.IN as the input on the soundbar. You also need to turn Anynet+ on for both TV and soundbar.

If your TV doesn't support ARC, then the digital connection (optical if that is what the TV has) should work. Again, you would select D.IN as the soundbar input.

How do you have things connected? Do you have source devices going to your TV? Do you use freeview? (I gather you're in the U.K.)

BTW, there is a master thread here for the HW-E450 that you may want to read as time permits.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page