Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 813 Old 07-15-2014, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post
Will this work without the satellite speakers hooked up? Or will it try and send the rear sounds to the satellites, then since they're not hooked up you end up not getting that sound at all?

I'd just buy the 4221 but the 4251 is actually quite a bit cheaper right now through the end of the day. If it works just as well as the 4221 when the satellites aren't hooked up that would save a few bucks.
You don't need the rear speakers. My current set up in the living room doesn't really work with surround sound so we just took the rear speakers down. Works just fine without them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 813 Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD4L View Post
Did you make sure to change everything from PCM to bitstream? When I play a game or something and like a grenade goes off behind me to my left I only hear it from my rear left speaker
Yep, it's all set to bitstream whenever possible. No conversion is happening. I linked some test files above if you want to see what I'm talking about... it does a decent approximation sometimes, but it never fully resolves distinct channels, and test audio is the best way to replicate that.
post #813 of 813 Old 07-16-2014, 03:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have my Laptop, PS3, PS4 connected to this switch http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049SCB2Y and that switch outputs to this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KBHX072 that finally is connected to my LG 60LA62000 and the toslink from ViewHD to the S4251W.

PS3 and PS4 shows up DTS when gaming and I'm having a hard time finding 5.1 DD or DTS Blu-ray movies (tried Saving Private Ryan Jurassic Park, they all had DTS-HD)

But the one giving the most trouble is my Laptop, it will only see stereo and it sees only the LG TV that way in stereo, under the LG TV properties it shows for the Encoded Formats DTS Audio and Dolby Digital. Can anyone point or educate me in the right direction? Thank you!

Last edited by Jeimuzu; 07-16-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Vizio S4251w B4 5 1 Soundbar
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page