Forum Jump: 

post #841 of 854 Old 08-20-2014, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
I've found that if I turn the soundbar on first before anything else I have lesser lip sync issues. My sync issues usually occurred on 5.1 content though - I have my Xbox One sourcing the sound bar via optical since my TV doesn't do true 5.1 output over optical.

Not really a true "fix" but I don't think there are any settings to correct it otherwise.
So other folks are seeing the lip sync issue. Could it be because most folks are inputting to TV via HDMI and outputting via optical? I wonder if the 54-inch version which supports HDMI has lip sync issues?

I had the 425 but returned it because it just didn't sound "right" coming from a 5.1 system with speakers and receiver. My living arrangements are no longer conducive to that set-up, hence the soundbar compromise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 854 Old 08-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just got this today and I was wondering when the volume is low, do you guys hear a static/crackling out of the rear speakers? I can't tell if mine is defective or this is simply how it is.

Also is there a way to turn the rear speakers and use all sound sources on when listening to stereo music? Unless that works for everyone else and mine isn't? I don't know
post #843 of 854 Old 08-21-2014, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsez View Post
A mono signal is sent to the surrounds and then expanded to cut down on latency since it's a wireless connection.
I was afraid of this. Tested out a few samples I found online. One of them being one you linked to in your earlier post. And well, when only the rear left speaker is supposed to function, both the rear left and right give out sound (and vice versa). The rear left channel is louder than the rear right, but I was hoping for a clean 6 channel output.

Taking my testing a step down, I tried a couple of stereo files (using the included optical cable, stereo RCA cable and bluetooth). The results were very similar to the rear speakers. A stereo file with only a left channel (nothing on right channel) gave sound from both ends of the bar. I wasn't able to get a clean 2 channel output. Or is this how soundbars function?

These speakers sound way better than my previous option (Built-in TV speakers). But definitely a little disappointed about the mono signal to the surrounds.
post #844 of 854 Old 08-21-2014, 06:42 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfly View Post
I just got this today and I was wondering when the volume is low, do you guys hear a static/crackling out of the rear speakers? I can't tell if mine is defective or this is simply how it is.
Yes, I do hear a static out of the rear speakers. But the volume has to be so low, that I can't really hear any audio from the soundbar either.

Quote:
Also is there a way to turn the rear speakers and use all sound sources on when listening to stereo music? Unless that works for everyone else and mine isn't? I don't know
Page 16 of this tells you how to turn Surround on/off. Hopefully that helps.
post #845 of 854 Old 08-22-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post
This sound bar is really optimized for connecting all those devices directly to your TV then using the Optical or Digital Coax out to the sound bar and letting the TV pass the audio.
So I've been having some trouble getting this soundbar to work with all of my devices... I come seeking advice.

I have a Sharp Aquos which is connected to the soundbar via Optical out. It's been a huge pain to get this to even work with my TV, but I finally did (by toggling the PC connection, oddly enough. Nothing else would work).

But now I'm completely at a lost for my other devices. I tried to use Netflix on my PS4 and could not get the sound to get out of the Soundbar at all... And I tried playing around with all of the TV settings. Just a to give a quick rundown of my current connections:

HDMI 1: DirectTv
HDMI 2: PS4
HDMI 3: HDMI splitter (computer, PS3, Wii U)

No other connections. Right now, the soundbar only works with my DirectTV box after toggling the PC Input options for some reason. And I have to toggle them every time I turn my sounbar on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #846 of 854 Old 08-22-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim726x View Post
So I've been having some trouble getting this soundbar to work with all of my devices... I come seeking advice.

I have a Sharp Aquos which is connected to the soundbar via Optical out. It's been a huge pain to get this to even work with my TV, but I finally did (by toggling the PC connection, oddly enough. Nothing else would work).

But now I'm completely at a lost for my other devices. I tried to use Netflix on my PS4 and could not get the sound to get out of the Soundbar at all... And I tried playing around with all of the TV settings. Just a to give a quick rundown of my current connections:

HDMI 1: DirectTv
HDMI 2: PS4
HDMI 3: HDMI splitter (computer, PS3, Wii U)

No other connections. Right now, the soundbar only works with my DirectTV box after toggling the PC Input options for some reason. And I have to toggle them every time I turn my sounbar on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am not an expert on this and may be wrong, but my first guess is your problem is that these sources are sending dolby digital or other advanced sound to the TV and the Sharp's only pass 2.0 stereo out the Optical port. If so the weak link is the Sharp which isn't passing the audio it receives. This was one of the things I liked about the Vizio TV. Vizio and Sony pass full 5.1 digital stereo formats out Optical. Sharp, Samsung and LG do not.

You might try going to the other sources and finding the audio settings and changing it to just non-digital stereo as the audio output and see if that works to get you audio out of the sound bar. The Sharp should pass straight stereo sound.

If that is it, there is no easy solution for you other than to live with 2.0 stereo or to change either the sound bar or the TV. Much higher end sound bars solve this TV limitation by acting as HDMI hubs where all your sources go to the sound bar first then from the sound bar there is an HDMI out to the TV. This assures the sound bar gets the full digital sound. Or, again, this is one of the major benefits of the Sony and Vizio TV's that they pass full 5.1 out. Alternatively you can try using the secondary outputs of these devices to connect to the Sound Bar directly -- for example using the RCA connectors from the DirecTV to the sound bar while using the HDMI to the TV. My HD DVD DirecTV boxes at least have both -- not sure about the newest ones. This will be kind of a pain for switching and you may have to dial-in an adjustment for li-syncing.
Maxim726x likes this.
post #847 of 854 Old 08-22-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post
I am not an expert on this and may be wrong, but my first guess is your problem is that these sources are sending dolby digital or other advanced sound to the TV and the Sharp's only pass 2.0 stereo out the Optical port. If so the weak link is the Sharp which isn't passing the audio it receives. This was one of the things I liked about the Vizio TV. Vizio and Sony pass full 5.1 digital stereo formats out Optical. Sharp, Samsung and LG do not.

You might try going to the other sources and finding the audio settings and changing it to just non-digital stereo as the audio output and see if that works to get you audio out of the sound bar. The Sharp should pass straight stereo sound.

If that is it, there is no easy solution for you other than to live with 2.0 stereo or to change either the sound bar or the TV. Much higher end sound bars solve this TV limitation by acting as HDMI hubs where all your sources go to the sound bar first then from the sound bar there is an HDMI out to the TV. This assures the sound bar gets the full digital sound. Or, again, this is one of the major benefits of the Sony and Vizio TV's that they pass full 5.1 out. Alternatively you can try using the secondary outputs of these devices to connect to the Sound Bar directly -- for example using the RCA connectors from the DirecTV to the sound bar while using the HDMI to the TV. My HD DVD DirecTV boxes at least have both -- not sure about the newest ones. This will be kind of a pain for switching and you may have to dial-in an adjustment for li-syncing.
Thank you very much for the quick reply! I will try to play around with the PS4 sound options, but I don't remember any of my efforts bearing any results...

Any chance this is a firmware issue that may be resolved by updating? Or is this more of a hardware limitation inherent to the TV?
post #848 of 854 Old 08-22-2014, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Sharp may have a firmware update. It never hurts to contact them.
post #849 of 854 Old 08-23-2014, 02:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm having issues with the music playing low in the rear speakers. In some songs, the music doesn't play in the rear at all. The rear speakers are really quiet in 2.1 movies as well. Is this happening for you guys too?
post #850 of 854 Old 08-24-2014, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I'm having issues with the music playing low in the rear speakers. In some songs, the music doesn't play in the rear at all. The rear speakers are really quiet in 2.1 movies as well. Is this happening for you guys too?
You can balance front to back you know. Or at least I think you can.
post #851 of 854 Old 08-25-2014, 08:56 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
FYI. Most music is recorded stereo 2.0 The rear speakers are for 5.1 sound. That is speakers 4 & 5 with rear sounds placed in the tracks by the music producers or movie directors. The .1 is the sub. So what you hear depends on what is on your source material.
bigpoppa206 likes this.

Last edited by naustin; 09-01-2014 at 09:51 AM.
post #852 of 854 Old 09-02-2014, 04:20 PM

Sound Crackling when bass hits

Hello, I have had this for a while now, and what i do is i run my xbox one, or ps4 through my Vizio 47" with HDMI, and then the audio output from the tv to the sound bar, works great, until i get to a part where theres usually a mass bass hit, like persay when watching Pacific Rim, one of the monsters screaches in terror, Or a war movie, and a giant bomb goes off.. it skips and crackles. I have tried changing it to strictly auxilery from tv to sound bar, and still the same? I am running out of ideas
post #853 of 854 Old 09-14-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Coerper View Post
Hello, I have had this for a while now, and what i do is i run my xbox one, or ps4 through my Vizio 47" with HDMI, and then the audio output from the tv to the sound bar, works great, until i get to a part where theres usually a mass bass hit, like persay when watching Pacific Rim, one of the monsters screaches in terror, Or a war movie, and a giant bomb goes off.. it skips and crackles. I have tried changing it to strictly auxilery from tv to sound bar, and still the same? I am running out of ideas
Try connecting the PS4 or Xbone directly to the soundbar through optical. That will bypass the tv completely for audio and it should solve the problem.
post #854 of 854 Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone know how to turn on dts circle surround
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Vizio S4251w B4 5 1 Soundbar
Gear in this thread - S4251w by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page