Vizio's New True 5.1 Soundbar S4251W - Page 35 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1021 of 1026 Old Yesterday, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just curious if anyone else has this problem. Since I updated the firmware to 1017 when I use 30 second skip or fast forward thru commercials using my Tivo Premiere (w/Dolby Digital setting with Tivo) at some point during the recorded show I hear "Popping or Crackling" sound and then I lose the Dolby Digital Light on the Sound bar and I can tell something has gone wrong. Talked to a Vizio engineer and he believes that the vizio firmware just doesn't like the Tivo software. Please reply back with any suggestions or others that are experiencing this problem. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1026 Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountlaurel View Post
Just curious if anyone else has this problem. Since I updated the firmware to 1017 when I use 30 second skip or fast forward thru commercials using my Tivo Premiere (w/Dolby Digital setting with Tivo) at some point during the recorded show I hear "Popping or Crackling" sound and then I lose the Dolby Digital Light on the Sound bar and I can tell something has gone wrong. Talked to a Vizio engineer and he believes that the vizio firmware just doesn't like the Tivo software. Please reply back with any suggestions or others that are experiencing this problem. Thanks
Try to duplicate the problem in the middle of a Dolby program, not a commercial. It is possible it is the audio in the non Dolby commercial. How are you connected to the SB & your TV? Are you using TruVolume? With my 54 incher I occasionally (once or twice a day) get a pop during skips on my Dish DVR. I use an optical from my source to the Bar and HDMI to the TV.

Last edited by naustin; Yesterday at 08:45 PM.
post #1023 of 1026 Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM

Yes using TruVolume. Lose the Dolby Digital light when skipping thru commercials or anywhere during the recorded program.
post #1024 of 1026 Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Can I ask, how did you manage to talk to a Vizio engineer? Did you somehow get your call elevated when calling customer service?

I would love to ask one of them about the subwoofer volume issues that plague these units.
post #1025 of 1026 Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Yes using TruVolume. Lose the Dolby Digital light when skipping thru commercials or anywhere during the recorded program.
Ok you lose the light everywhere, but do you get the popping when test skipping in regular programming? You might want to try turning TruVolume off and see if things improve.
post #1026 of 1026 Old Today, 05:28 AM

Sometimes a get poping before i lose Dolby digtal light. That's when I know when it's going to happen again. I think I tried turning off the TruVolume and it still did not resolve the issue.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Vizio S4251w B4 5 1 Soundbar
Gear in this thread