Audo Lag Using Zvox 425 with new LG 47lm8600 tv... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i just got a new tv, lg 47lm8600 which so far is great with one problem....audio lag.

we are using (for now) a zvox 425 soundbar which we have had for several years and really like. the problem is that the zvox has no digital audio in, and the lg tv has only digital audio out. our complete setup is simple: comcast digital hd cable box, sony bx-57 bluray player, the tv, and the zvox. right now we have the hdmi from the cable box and the bluray into the tv with analog audio out from both the bluray and the cable box into the analog inputs on the zvox. so far i haven't found any settings that eliminate some pretty serious audio lag. some channels are worse than others.

is there any way to eliminate the audio lag with this setup? i am thinking i may need a new soundbar with digital audio input. expensive solution but it would solve the problem as i could just run the hdmi from cable and bluray into the tv and run a digital audio out to the (new) soundbar. i'm hoping there is a solution that doesn't involve spending $300 on a new soundbar...

thanks in advance. i will also be posting this on the lg tv board to see what they have to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Did you try going into the sound settings and playing around? Look for something like AV Sync. Scratch that. Shouldn't work because you are connecting your sources directly into the soundbar. This lag is only when listening through the soundbar? There is no lag when listening through the TV speakers?

Does your TV have a headphone jack/audio out? It will be a single 3.5mm plug. If so, you can get an RCA to 3.5mm cable to connect the TV. Other than that, you could get something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Audio-To-Analog-Converter/dp/B0013LWK3A

I have never used one but it should work.

If you really like the soundbar, you can ignore this but you seem to have a sweet TV. I would want a soundbar with digital connections. If you like the sound, feel free to try to get it to work.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

thanks these are great suggestions. i am leaning towards getting a new soundbar with digital audio in, that way i can just run hdmi from the cable and bluray to the tv and let the tv do all the switching. your suggestions above are interesting however, i will take a look.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

post #5 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
That's fine, too.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

i tried av sync but scratched that idea given the current setup. i'll get a converter and will see what happens...thx.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

i ordered a converter from monoprice just now (plus an extra optical cable). thanks, i'll post how it turns out. if there is still lag i'll just get another soundbar, but i'm hoping this does the trick. thanks for the suggestions, there seems to be a cable or converter for just about everything!!
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page