Connecting Bose 1Sr sound bar to a Panasonic Tc-P54G20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I am in the process of getting the Bose Cinemate 1 SR sound bar ( i like it and I want to get rid of my Home Theater system).
I have a few components like a PS3 , Apple TV and a Cable Box and I am told to connect all of them to my TV using HDMI and then use the optical TV output to the Bose 1 SR which makes sense.
My Panasonic manula indicates however that when an equipment is connected to the TV using the HDMI the optical TV output will switches the system to 2CH audio.
Therefore does this means that i will lose all the qualify and effects that this sound bar produces.
Bose is suggesting that I get the Cinemate 135 since I would be able to connect all my components to the sound bar receive however i don't want to pay another 1,000 $ for that ..it just does not make sense.
So based on the above do you think there is a danger in getting the 1SR with regards to sound quality
Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
So based on the above do you think there is a danger in getting the 1SR with regards to sound quality
There's no danger - you'll just get stereo audio instead of multi-channel audio. If you're OK with that, get the soundbar; if you prefer multi-channel audio, avoid the soundbar.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
The soundbar has gotten glowing reviews from people here who either own it or have heard it. Since most HDTVs only output 2 ch. stereo from connected devices, I'd guess the soundbar does really well with stereo input.

Once you have it and have used it a bit, it would be easy to test if you hear a difference when the source device is connected directly to the 1SR vs. going through the TV. If you really hear a significant difference then just get an optical switch so you can send audio out directly from each source.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Bose Cinemate 1 Sr Digital Home Theater Speaker System

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page