Connect my TV (JVC LT-42DV8BG) to a soundbar (Yamaha 3300) - no sound at all - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I have a JVC LT-42DV8BG TV and try to connect it with a Soundbar (Yamaha 3300). I used the optical cable as well as the HDMI Kabel.
Unfortunately no success, no sound at all on the soundbar. Is tried also the JVC menu, but I couldn't find much...

Thanks a lot for your help, since I tried everything but no success...

Ufo111

PS: My JVC does not support HDMI (ARC)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Since you didn't say what source devices you have and how they are connected, this is a rather general reply. The correct way to set this up is connect your source devices (cable/sat box, DVD player, etc.) directly to the soundbar via HDMI. Then connect the soundbar's HDMI-out to one of your TV's HDMI inputs. That will give you audio from the soundbar with the video passed through to your TV.

If you have any reason to send audio out from your TV (using its tuner for example), then you would need to also connect an optical cable from the TV to one of the optical inputs on the soundbar.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestions.
To be more precise, the source I am using is cable broadcast.

Acutally I have arranged all connections as you suggested, but stil no sound, Only my Panasonic Video-Recorder works well with the soundbar, what is at least something..., but still no idea how I can bring my JCV-TV to talk...
post #4 of 4 Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufor111 View Post

Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestions.
To be more precise, the source I am using is cable broadcast.

Acutally I have arranged all connections as you suggested, but stil no sound, Only my Panasonic Video-Recorder works well with the soundbar, what is at least something..., but still no idea how I can bring my JCV-TV to talk...

By "cable broadcast" do you mean you have a coax cable connected directly to your TV (no cable box)? If so, then you need to connect an optical cable from the TV's optical out to an optical in on the soundbar. You probably also need to change some settings on your TV. Most TVs have some place where you specify that you are using external audio rather than the TV speakers. On the soundbar, be sure you select the right input (opt 1 or opt 2) depending on where you connect.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Ysp 3300 Digital Sound Projector With Wireless Subwoofer