help connecting my pannasonic sc-htb550 soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 46inch panasonic tc-p46x3and I can not get the hdmi arc to connect to the soundbar I have hdmi cables connected in the right places, on viera menu I have home theater for my speaker selection,viera link turned on but system will not connect.If I connect optical cable system works but then I can't use my sattelite remote to control the volume which is why I bought this system so I woudn't have to use 2 remotes.Anyone else have this problem and know how to correct it?customer sevice at panasonic not much help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
You didn't say what source devices you have besides a sat receiver. It sounds like you have that connected to the TV. Why? You can connect two source devices via HDMI to the soundbar. You don't need ARC for that. If you have more than two devices, then you'll need ARC or the optical connection to send audio out.

Are you using a high-speed HDMI cable for the ARC connection?

If you do have to use optical, the Viera Link controls for volume, etc. should still work.
post #3 of 11 Old 02-03-2013, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

I have tried connecting my sattelite box to both hdmi ports and my arc from tv to schtb550 box, have viera turned on,speakers set to home theater,I can get picture and sound but my sat.remoter will not control volume.I have tried going straigth to tv with sat hdmi cable and using optical cable from 550 unit to optical on tv,get sound and picture but can not control sound unless I use 550 remote.have worked on this off and on trying differant conections I have read about on avs with no luck,getting very frustrated,please need help getting detailed directions on getting this connected.only thing I am connecting to soundbar is my dish sattelite reciever. thanks for the help.also tv is panasonic with arc and viera link
post #4 of 11 Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schggs View Post

I have tried connecting my sattelite box to both hdmi ports and my arc from tv to schtb550 box, have viera turned on,speakers set to home theater,I can get picture and sound but my sat.remoter will not control volume

When connected this way, have you tried verifying that Viera Link is working by using the TV remote? You should be able to adjust volume and the soundbar should turn off with the TV. It should also turn on with the TV if your chose that option in Viera Link. If those functions are working when using the TV remote, then the problem lies with the sat remote. If they aren't working, then Viera Link is not operating as it should. Refer to your TV manual for help with that or contact Panasonic.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-08-2013, 01:27 AM

Hey I also have questions regarding connecting in to my tv. I just opened our sc-htb550 that my dad bought for his tv in his room. He asked me to install it and to my surprise the tv only has RCA OUT.. ???

..so i went out to see some shops and I found this Analog to Digital Audio Converter a small black box with Analog L-R for Input and Coaxial + Optical(labelled Toslink) for the Output, will this Digital audio converter do enough to connect my RCA TV to Optical Sound bar? Did you guys tried using the optical input? Does it has much difference in audio quality? it looks like TV(RCA)--->Digital Audio converter--->Soundbar(Opt)

or another solution that I just come up with is to connect SetupBox optical directly to Soundbar Optical. what do you guys think? so it's Setupbox (HDMI)--->TV(HDMI)
(Opt)--->Soundbar(Opt)
post #6 of 11 Old 03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^
Your "plan B" going directly from set top box to soundbar will probably provide more pleasing audio, assuming the STB is HD. Going from the TV using the analog output only sends stereo, whereas the direct audio connection from STB will output DD5.1 for programs that have it. The soundbar will apply DSP to either signal of course, but it may produce a "richer" sound when fed Dolby.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-09-2013, 05:45 AM

Ok forget the old tv, my dad just bought a new Tv for his room..

Samsung UA32EH4500
samsung.com/sg/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA32EH4500MXXS-spec]Samsung[/url] UA32EH4500M 32

just got home from MBS expo.. so it has Digital Audio out Optical<--- will this suffice? I kinda overlooked the rear connection.
I saw the other models have HDMI ARC labelled and have the same layout with the tv he bought but after looking closer ..
I dont see any HDMI ARC.. will the audio work with just the Optical Audio Out?
post #8 of 11 Old 03-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonspade View Post

Ok forget the old tv, my dad just bought a new Tv for his room..

Samsung UA32EH4500
samsung.com/sg/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA32EH4500MXXS-spec]Samsung[/url] UA32EH4500M 32

just got home from MBS expo.. so it has Digital Audio out Optical<--- will this suffice? I kinda overlooked the rear connection.
I saw the other models have HDMI ARC labelled and have the same layout with the tv he bought but after looking closer ..
I dont see any HDMI ARC.. will the audio work with just the Optical Audio Out?

Your link doesn't work but I will go with the assumption that the TV doesn't have ARC. Is the cable box the only source? If so, I would connect the cable box to the soundbar via HDMI (HDMI IN) and then connect the soundbar (HDMI OUT) to the TV via HDMI. The 2nd option is to connect the cable box to the TV via HDMI and the cable box to the soundbar via optical.

If you will be connecting additional sources, please let us know.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 PM

what if I connect the Cablebox to the Tv Via Hdmi and TV to Soundbar via Optical? coz ive read somewhere that we cannot use both optical and analog simultaneously with our cable box..
I'll try this first gonna get some Opt cables now..
post #10 of 11 Old 03-09-2013, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonspade View Post

what if I connect the Cablebox to the Tv Via Hdmi and TV to Soundbar via Optical? coz ive read somewhere that we cannot use both optical and analog simultaneously with our cable box..
I'll try this first gonna get some Opt cables now..

Why don't you just connect the cable box directly to the soundbar via HDMI? Then run a second HDMI from the soundbar to the TV for video? I don't know why you're thinking about analog audio at all.
post #11 of 11 Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

Why don't you just connect the cable box directly to the soundbar via HDMI? Then run a second HDMI from the soundbar to the TV for video? I don't know why you're thinking about analog audio at all.

Me, neither. Both options that I provided above didn't involve analog.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Panasonic Sc Htb550 2 1 Channel 240 Watt Multi Positional Full Hd 3d Audio System With Wireless Musi
Gear in this thread - Htb550 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page