any reviews for the Energy Power Bar One soundbar? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
Fry's Electronics this week has an in-store sale on the Energy Power Bar One soundbar for $149.99 (online price at http://www.frys.com/product/7509926 still shows as $249.99). I've been trying to find reviews for this, but there are very few (only a couple on amazon). Does anyone here have this soundbar or can comment on it? I'm looking for a soundbar to use with a LG 47LM7600 tv and am wondering if this would work well for the tv. Also wondering how good of a value this soundbar is for $149.99 or if there are better soundbars for the money. It seems this soundbar goes from around $180 (tigerdirect) to $230 (amazon) elsewhere.

The LG 47LM7600 only has a digital optical output so having a digital optical input is a must on the soundbar, which the Energy Power Bar One has. One thing from the research I've done is that this soundbar does NOT have dolby digital decoding and it only accepts PCM for the digital optical input. It looks like the 47LM7600 has an audio setting to force the digital optical output to always output PCM so I think the soundbar should work ok with the tv. But would it be better audio quality wise to use a soundbar that has dolby digital decoding built-in and have the tv send out the dolby digital signal instead of PCM?

Another thing I found to consider is that the LG 47LM7600 only comes with a magic remote that uses RF instead of IR. A lot of soundbars I've seen don't come with a remote control and require programming a tv's IR remote to use with the soundbar. But it seems that the LG's RF magic remote cannot be programmed to use with such soundbars so I think I would need a soundbar to have its own separate remote control, which this Energy soundbar has. Or perhaps get a universal remote control to use for both the tv and soundbar.

Another factor is that the tv/soundbar would be used in a room where there is a wireless wifi router. I've read that since wireless subwoofers that come with some soundbars use the same 2.4 Ghz frequency as wifi, this can cause some interference with each component. So I was leaning against getting a soundbar with a wireless sub and getting a soundbar with built-in subwoofers, which the Energy Power Bar One is advertised as having.

The Energy Power Bar One soundbar is 30" wide. I'm wondering is that too small for a 47" tv? What would the ideal soundbar width be for such a 47" tv?

This is my first time looking for a soundbar so I appreciate any helpful tips or comments.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm7600 47 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page