Bose Cinemate question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm eyeing the 3 bose cinemate (the 1SR and the two speaker ones).

I have an odd shaped room and a good conventional stereo for music. I just want better TV sound than I'm getting from the computer speakers I have hooked up to my pioneer monitor.

I've heard the fancy surround sound mode of the 1sr demoed several times and its impressive for what it is and I'd use it for some things. But for more basic TV watching like the news, can you dial the 3D features down and get a little more dialog enhancement?

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

What, you bose owners ashamed to answer on this board ;-)

I just want to know if there's dialog enhancement capabilities on these things.

The 1SR is highly overpriced but I have yet to see something that form factor and sound wise I liked better. But the demos have all been the usual in store big movie soundtrack type demos. I want to watch the news and simpsons episodes I've seen a hundred times already without having to strain to understand or be blown out of my seat when stuff explodes.

Thx
post #3 of 6 Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfereeno View Post

What, you bose owners ashamed to answer on this board ;-)

I just want to know if there's dialog enhancement capabilities on these things.

The 1SR is highly overpriced but I have yet to see something that form factor and sound wise I liked better. But the demos have all been the usual in store big movie soundtrack type demos. I want to watch the news and simpsons episodes I've seen a hundred times already without having to strain to understand or be blown out of my seat when stuff explodes.

Thx

I think alot of that is how the system is hooked up . Soundbars sound the best when set to Bitstream, not PCM. PCM-hard to hear talking and have to cover your ears during explosions. Bitstream-no coding, and dialoge and "explosions" are on the same level and sounds great, for a 2.1 setup!
post #4 of 6 Old 02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

The Cinemate 1SR does not have the capability to enhance the dialog, only boost the output of the bass. As far as your comment of overpriced, it is currently the #1 selling sound bar in the US. I have yet to find a sound bar that performs as good as or better than the 1SR.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, re no dialog enhancement.

What about the ability to limit loud sounds such as the commercial volume reduction techniques some devices have?

Does it have any features along that line?
post #6 of 6 Old 02-24-2013, 04:45 PM

I had a Bose Cinemate 2 for about three weeks and then returned it. It had two little idy bitty speakers and I put those on the Bose stands and it had a sub woofer/Amp that sits elsewhere in the room.
For what it was if sounded pretty good for the sound effects, explosions, car chases, the roar of a football game but when it came to everyday TV they sounded really boxy. Almost like a constant bass hum through the dialog. It was very annoying when trying to watch something simple like the news. I knew the weather girl was didn't really sound that way.
I have a 65" TV in my bedroom and I was able to put those little speakers on their own stands right at the corners of the bed. All I had to do was sit up and just barely twist the placement speakers to get the perfect listening position from them. Once I did the freakin' stereo effect from them was totally awesome! And with them being close to the seating position it sounded loud without dirupting the whole house. Being able to place the speakers in the absolute perfect spot can make a huge difference in the listening experience. The only problem is.... they just didn't sound that good to me. Like the dialog you have mentioned. My hand was always on the remote, turn it way up for dialog and then way back down for action scenes. Besides there are no adjustments except for turning that bass up or down and you'd have to get up and do that, no adjusting from your listening position. For the price of that Bose System which is a little over eight hundred smakeroos I figure I would buy some killer bookshelf speakers and an A / V Receiver. That way I have more control over the sound and there will be room for upgrades. With Bose, no up grades, that is as good as it gets and you can not add on to that system.
So.... what would be some good little bookshelf speakers to achieve that effect..?
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Bose Cinemate 1 Sr Digital Home Theater Speaker System

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page