Panorama Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-23-2013, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I picked a B & W Panny 1 for $800 open box at Best Buy a few days ago.
Cosmetically nearly perfect, bar one small dent, but the mirror finish was still perfect etc.
That being said the reason for the steep discount was busted inputs. The Panorama 1 has 2 analog, 1 Dig coax, and 2 optical.
Both opticals on this model are broken, the feet broke off so the cables won't stay seated.

So what I was thinking, if this is possible and won't overly degrade the sound quality is getting a a few optical to digital coax converters and a digital coax splitter.

I'm very much a novice, this just seemed like a reasonable solution.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Is this what you got?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bowers+and+Wilkins+-+Panorama+Powered+Soundbar+Speaker+-+Mirror+Black/Stainless-Steel/1290121.p?id=1218247186512&skuId=1290121

If so, I don't want to tell anyone what to do with their money but I would spend the extra $200 and get one that is fully functional. I suppose that getting an adapter would work but that would bug me.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Trust me- I'd gladly pay an extra $200 for one with working opticals, but if you actually run an availability check on those, there aren't any available in stores, at least not near Las Vegas. I was ready to part with $2200 for the P2 until the Magnolia rep talked me out of it.
I have 30 days to return it, and if I can't find a workable solution I will.

Are there coaxial splitters available? I know there are optical to coax adapters, but that still leaves me at least one input short.

Thanks guys

Best

David
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page