Yamaha YAS 101 connection suggestions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I purchased the YAS-101 to hook up to my new LED tv. I also have a new panasonic blue ray 3d player and directv hd dvr. I currently have optical hooked up from sound bar to tv. Not to informed on hooking up audio so help is appreciated. My thinking is everything that runs through tv which is blue ray and sattelite will feed through sound bar, which is does. Am I missing out on sound quality by not hooking dvd straight into soundbar and hooking satelite receiver straight into sound bar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkit14 View Post

I purchased the YAS-101 to hook up to my new LED tv. I also have a new panasonic blue ray 3d player and directv hd dvr. I currently have optical hooked up from sound bar to tv. Not to informed on hooking up audio so help is appreciated. My thinking is everything that runs through tv which is blue ray and sattelite will feed through sound bar, which is does. Am I missing out on sound quality by not hooking dvd straight into soundbar and hooking satelite receiver straight into sound bar?

I'm not sure if your TV only outputs 2 channel audio but many do. If it does, you definitely want to connect your sources directly to the soundbar. I always recommend that, whenever possible.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have the Samsung 60" LED 7100 Series Smart TV
UN60ES7100F.

Tags
Yamaha Yas 101bl Front Surround System Piano Black , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv