Yamaha ATS 1010 (Costco) / Yas 101 Connection problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-27-2013, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just purchased the 1010 from Costco for use in the spare room room. Good deal I thought for $159.99.
Hooked it up utilizing the optical input from the digital optical output of the Panasonic Plasma. Works fine whether I am watching from the cable box or the Oppo Blu ray player. Hooked up the blu ray utilizing the optical output of the Oppo directly to the Yamaha's 2nd optical input and changed the input on the yamaha to reflect the different input. No sound. Then tried connecting the digital coaxial output of the Oppo to the digital coaxial input of the Yamaha. Works fine.
This may be a stupid question but do you think the 2nd optical input for the blu ray on the back of the Yamaha is defective? Tried a different optical cable and still no sound. Any ideas or hints?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
For a test, did you try switching the Panny from the working input to the 2nd input to see if the Panny stops working on that input. Or try connecting the Oppo to the 1st input since you know that one works?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
It's defective. Will be exchanging it. Anyone else get defective ATS 1010's from Costco?
Glad Costco has no time limit on returning items like this.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM

Liked: 10
Pardon the interruption, but would like some help for a newbie here. I bought the ATS 1010 from costco (good deal at $160). I have an old Panny Plasma which is my current tv and have hooked up the unit with minimal effort. So the current set up is Optical cable to TV and getting decent sound. However, I have a decent amount of music on an Ipad, iphones, ipods which I like to get to the Yamaha. Beyond a purchase of an Apple TV, which i would rather not make do I have any options? For reference I have a FIOS set top box from Cisco. Also, I do have a Belkin Bluetooth receiver, which I have used to stream music to an old set of speakers. Any chance to accomplish the same thing (using the Belkin) to utilize the soundbar?
is there a way push the sound from the Belkin to the Yamaha?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks all! Also, apologies in advance for my lack of technical know how....cool.gif
post #5 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Assuming you have an unused input on the soundbar, you could try this converter. Connect the Belkin to the converter and then connect digital cable from converter to soundbar.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Yamaha Yas 101bl Front Surround System Piano Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page