AVS Forum banner

Sound Bar's don't fit : please help

919 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tvalley 
#1 ·
Hello all. I have a flat panel LED (55") I think d7000. The TV sits on a TV stand/cabinet. There's about 2" on space between the stand and the bottom of the TV. There not enough room to put left and right speakers on the stand, nor room for bookshelf speakers on either side. I have a 7.1 set up in my basement, so I don't need this solution to be as good as a full set up. So it seems like the Zvox or other similar platform that I can sit the TV on. I forgot the other brand (not Bose). They both contain a subwoofer, but I don't think either are as good as the Klipsch sound bar and sub set up. Anyone know if there's a platform (form factor of the Zvox) that I can use to raise up the TV enough so a sound bar would fit (4-5"a)? I think there are 1 or 2 that contain an amp and Bluetooth for streaming music? Rear speakers Re prob out bc there's no place to run wires - it would never pass the WAF. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
Get yourself some 2x lumber, that is wide enough to support the tv stand. Maybe a total of four pieces of 2x6, just long enough for the stand's length.

2 side/side and 2 on top. That would raise it 3" plus the 2" you already have.

You could buy some fabric, say black felt, and wrap it around the lumber. Place the tv on top.

#3 ·
I had a similar situation where the soundbar was blocking the remote. I just used a 16 x 20 shelf and stuck some rubber feet on the bottom and it looks fine because the soundbar hides the shelf from view. If you need to raise it even higher just stack 2 or more shelves and use rubber bumbers between them.

Mike in Mich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.