sounds never comes on when i turn on tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I recently got a vizio sound bar for my panny viera tcl42e3. Right now its hooked up through digital output since that's the only output I have on TV. I'm using a fiber obtics cable I just picked up at Walmart for $15. Well it worked well once I had everything hooked up then the next day I turned the bar n TV on and there was no sound. I went to the TV settings and under viera link settings I changed the sound to theatre instead of TV. The sound started coming in and out n sounded a little scratchy n then it finally adjusted itself and worked. I'm just wondering if I keep having to change settings when I want sound and why does the sound bar do that. When I have the TV off for a long period of time n turn it back on i have to keep messing with settings or unplugging and plugging it back in just to work. Any idea what I can do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Any help guys? Its actually been happening all the time now, can't figure out what's wrong. I've been having to unplug the sound bar and plug it back in and unplug the optical cable as well just so it'll work. Its beginning to become a hassle. Also , when I clicked on viera link button, the speaker output says TV and I can't change it. Even when I go through viera link settings and change it to theatre and go back n click on viera link it still shows output as TV.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-03-2013, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
The problem may be the TV since you say it's not holding the "external" setting, so if it's changing back to TV that would explain why no audio is going to the soundbar when you power on the TV.

Suggest you contact Panasonic to see if they have any idea why it won't stay on "theater". Or go to the Display subforum here on AVS and find the thread for your model. Perhaps other owners have run into this.

When you change the setting, are you going in through the Menu>Settings>Viera Link, or are you using the Viera Link button on the remote? Whichever way you're doing it, try the other one.
post #4 of 8 Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

I go through the menu and go to viera link settings through there and change the output from TV to theatre. I even turned off the speakers on TV. Then once I exit I click viera link button n it shows TV. Its weird because even when I get it to work it still shows the output as TV. But once I turn it off and turn it back on, the problem occurs.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Something I noticed on the manual, it says if I hooked up sound bar using optical cable I would have to change TV settings to pcm. And that I cannot do since there's no options for that. Now I'm thinking if I should just get a digital to analog converter so I can use the standard RCA cables it came with?
post #6 of 8 Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Well, you said it worked once. What model Vizio did you purchase? What are your sources of TV? Internal tuner or source devices connected to the TV? If you're using the internal tuner, the converter won't help. because it can't convert 5.1 audio. If your sources are connected via HDMI to the TV, the Panny will output PCM anyway.

Doubtful that this would be the cause of the Panny not staying on the "theater" setting. Still think you should contact Panny although you may have multiple issues if the soundbar is a VSB200.;
post #7 of 8 Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Soundbar is sb4020e. Everything else connected to TV is through HDMI. What did u mean by sources of tv
post #8 of 8 Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Contacted panny and they said anything connected to TV that's not Panasonic won't affect the viera link. Now I'm just thinking its an issue with the sound bar itself. It sounds perfect when working its just not working all the time.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc L42e3 42 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Vizio Vsb200 Universal Hd Sound Bar
Gear in this thread - L42e3 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page