Soundbar Advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

Im looking for advice to help whittle down the the masses of sound bars out there so i can spend my time more productively looking at what is suitable for my needs.

Setup

I currently have the following setup

Inputs
Xbox 360
Sony 3D Blu Ray Player
Virgin Meida Tivo

These 3 are all connected to my Optoma HD33

I have have the Xbox and Virgin tivo on an HDMI Switch Box into HDMI 1 and the 3D Blu Ray running direct into the HDMI 2.

I would like to connect all 3 devices to a soundbar, do any of you guys know any sound bars that could take all 3 or am i best investing in a Digital Optical Audio Switch box aswell.

The only screen worth watching is 100"+ =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 04:03 AM

Liked: 53
You could get a sound bar with 3 HDMI inputs and then you would just need one HDMI to the projector and you would have the latest formats for Blu-ray. If that is not possible get one that has 3 digital inputs and if one is coax just use a converter. What's your budget?
post #3 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL View Post

You could get a sound bar with 3 HDMI inputs and then you would just need one HDMI to the projector and you would have the latest formats for Blu-ray. If that is not possible get one that has 3 digital inputs and if one is coax just use a converter. What's your budget?

Ideally, I would recommend looking for one that has 3 HDMI inputs as you mentioned. I got a HW-E450 soundbar that only has 1 HDMI input. What I did was pick up an HDMI switch. This is what I got:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=8463&seq=1&format=2

Search for item # 8463 if the link doesn't work.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
You didn't mention budget so without regard to price, here are four soundbars that have multiple HDMI inputs. There are others of course, but these have been getting quite a bit of attention lately.

JBL Cinema SB400 - 3 HDMI in/1 out w/ARC, 1 digital optical, 1 analog, wireless sub, Bluetooth, decodes Dolby digital

YSP-2200 - 3 HDMI in/1 out w/ARC, 2 digital optical, 1 digital coax. 1 analog, wireless sub, Bluetooth (requires optional adapter), decodes HD audio formats

Sony HT-CT550W -3 HDMI in/1 out w/ARC, 2 digital optical, 1 digital coax. 1 analog, wireless sub, decodes HD audio formats

Toshiba SBX4250 - 2 HDMI in/1 out w/ARC, 2 digital optical, 2 analog, 1 3.5mm, wireless sub, Bluetooth, decodes Dolby digital
post #5 of 5 Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Hey all,

Thanks for your replys sorry i did forget to mention my budget which is £300 or under this will probably rule out alot of the 3 x HDMI input ound bars.
but any help from you guys from experiance or knowledge on any below this price would be mucch appreciated.

The only screen worth watching is 100"+ =]
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Optoma Hd33 3d Ready Dlp Projector , Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar , Jbl Cinema Sb 400 Plug N Play 2 X 60 Watt Soundbar System , Yamaha Ysp 2200 Digital Sound Projector Black , Sony Ht Ct550w 3d Sound Bar Home Theater System With Wireless Subwoofer Accessory Kit , Toshiba Sbx4250 300w 2 1 Wireless Sound Bar Black
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page