Soundbar that excels at dialog and music, plus a weird other question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-04-2013, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to find a Soundbar to replace my Sony CT100. My main TV is in a echoey room that makes it hard to hear dialogue from TV shows and movies. The room is 20' x 20' with a 20' ceiling, and has a couple of large openings to other rooms. I am working to soften the room, but I really need a Soundbar that will produce clear dialogue. I also want to use the Soundbar to play music in this room. My Soundbar budget is <$800 or so. I have been reading about the Yamaha YHT-S401 and YSP-2200--both sound like they might do the trick. What Soundbars should I be considering.

Also, I going to using Sonos Connect:Amps to distribute music through my house. If I used a Sonos Connect to drive music through my Soundbar, would I be able to play music through all my zones at the same time, or would the music coming through my Soundbar havea slight delay when compared to my other zones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Ok, let's try again. Which Soundbars excel at dialogue and music? Thx.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 AM

Liked: 53
I'd look at the Atlantic Technology sound bar, it doesn't have HDMI but is better sounding than the ones you mention for music and dialogue. The 2200 would be better for surround but the 401 you might like better for music. Connect the Sonos with analog connections and you probably won't have any delay between other rooms. If you use the digital connection you might have a delay, depends on the equipment.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Yamaha Ysp 2200 Digital Sound Projector Black , Yamaha Yht S401bl Front Surround Home Theater System , Sony Htct100 Sound Bar With Subwoofer Black
Gear in this thread - S401bl by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page