Should I buy B&W Panorama or Yamaha YSP-2200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-06-2013, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can you guys help me decide which of the two soundbars mentioned in the heading I should buy? I am getting the Panorama for $800 but with no remote (open box buy) and can get Yamaha for $600 (brand new). I have Control 4 home automation system which has all the components 50ft away from where my tv is. Having said that, I would be connecting the soundbar to the tv via an optical cable. I don't see myself listening to alot of music but do see myself watching movies, so would prefer better surround sound. Any suggestions as to what I should buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I presume you found the Panorama at Best Buy as did I with mine. Mine was about 700 and was also without the remote. One important thing to note with the Panorama is that without the remote you can NOT complete the setup routine necessary to optimize the Panorama for your listening space, or adjust the bass and treble and such. Supposedly, the Logitech Harmony series of remotes has the Panorama code but until tomorrow (going to pick up a 300i at Microcenter) I will not know if the Harmony has all the function buttons coded in. If it doesn't, the only other option is to order the original factory remote for about 52.00, and I'd rather just return it at that point. I will say the sound is absolutely fantastic from what I've played with it so far.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Yamaha Ysp 2200 Digital Sound Projector Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page