HELP with Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-27-2013, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently purchased a Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar to accompany my 32" Samsung LN32D403. I assumed since it is a newer television and both products are Samsung brand that it would be an easy plug and use setup but that does not seem to be the case. On the back of my television the only plug ins there are is USB, component/AV in, and 2 HDMI outs. The cable box I have is a Motorola for Comcast and does not have any HDMI ports in the front or rear. What is the best way for me to connect these two components since I do not have an HDMI in on my television or an HDMI out on my cable box?

EDIT: Also I cannot find on my television menu how to change it to use external speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Do you have a Comcast HD box with only component connections and no HDMI? If so, I would take the box to Comcast and swap it for a model with HDMI. I am also wondering why you think that the HDMI ports on your TV are HDMI out? Are they labeled that way? That makes no sense to me.

I would either swap the box out as I mentioned above or I would connect an optical cable from the cable box to the soundbar if your cable box has that output. If this is your only source, that should suffice.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-27-2013, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Methodss, your TV has two HDMI inputs. TVs do not have HDMI outputs. Your best bet is getting a different cable box as Doctego suggested.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com