Samsung HW-E450 sound drops for a few words every now and then - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-01-2013, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I have connected a Samsung HW-E450 to a Samsung LED 3D TV (UE46ES6710) connected to the TV by an optical cable and every now and then the sound drops for a few words then comes back. It's really annoying so renders it unusable.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sonia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoniaH View Post

Hi

I have connected a Samsung HW-E450 to a Samsung LED 3D TV (UE46ES6710) connected to the TV by an optical cable and every now and then the sound drops for a few words then comes back. It's really annoying so renders it unusable.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sonia

There are a few things to check. Is the video unaffected? I would try to bypass the soundbar and see if it also happens through the TV's speakers. I would also try connecting it another way to see if the issue stays the same. If your TV has an audio output, you can try using the cable that comes with it to see if that works. I'm not concerned with the sound quality as much as seeing if it continues to drop out. How many sources do you have connected? I believe that this soundbar has 3D pass-through so you could also connect your source directly to the soundbar via HDMI and then output the soundbar to the TV via HDMI. You can also try another optical cable. There are a lot of things to try so you can see whether it is a problem with the soundbar or not.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-04-2013, 05:21 PM

Liked: 20
Good luck. I couldn't find a fix for it. I had it hooked up to a Samsung ES6500. I tried several HDMI cables (ARC) and an optical, and it made no difference. It never happened on live TV, but frequently happened when using NetFlix and Vudu. That being the case, I assumed it might be a WiFi issue, so I plugged in an Ethernet cable to get a direct connection. No difference there either.

It was frustrating because the audio was so much better using the soundbar than the TV speakers, but I couldn't stand the drop-outs. I finally returned it.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-28-2013, 12:53 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewright27 View Post

Good luck. I couldn't find a fix for it. I had it hooked up to a Samsung ES6500. I tried several HDMI cables (ARC) and an optical, and it made no difference. It never happened on live TV, but frequently happened when using NetFlix and Vudu. That being the case, I assumed it might be a WiFi issue, so I plugged in an Ethernet cable to get a direct connection. No difference there either.

It was frustrating because the audio was so much better using the soundbar than the TV speakers, but I couldn't stand the drop-outs. I finally returned it.

On Netflix, going into the "Audio and Subtitles Menu" and changing the audio to Stereo seems to have fixed the audio drop-outs for me.  This is the only time the audio dropped out.  It's frustrating, though, because the setting doesn't save and you have to change it every time.

Has anyone had the audio drop outs while using the newer HW-F350 soundbar?

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page