~400-500 soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure I want the sonos playbar( I know it's more $$) but I am looking for a sound bar that can be used with a sub. It will be for music and movies. I have 9' ceiling an the room is about 25'x25'. Will get the sub separately after I buy the soundbar. I will want to control my 5.1 system wireless(speaker don't have to be wireless) from iphone, ipad etc. but I believe that the wireless control portion has nothing to do with the speakers but the AVR or AMP.

beau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I've been through six different soundbars within the last 3 months and finally found a keeper. I've tried the Sony-CT260, Speakercraft CS3, Pioneer Elite Soundbar, Haier SB40 and a couple others. The one which ended up as a keeper is the JBL SB-400. It really has everything I was looking for. Great sound, great bass, Bluetooth, lots of connectivity including 3 hdmi in and optical straight to the tv. I really am amazed at how good the surround effect is with this soundbar. The bass can be adjusted on the subwoofer itself as well as the crossover. It can get very very loud if you want it to.

It's priced at $550 on Amazon but I bought mine from a local Fry's electronics store. It may not be on your radar but I think it's definitely worth a look if you want above average sound for both music and movies. Let me know if you have any questions.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-05-2013, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm just looking for a passive l/cr soundbar

beau
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Htct260 Sound Bar Home Theater System , Jbl Cinema Sb 400 Plug N Play 2 X 60 Watt Soundbar System
Gear in this thread - Htct260 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page