Technophobe - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lets start from the start, Firstly, why do Samsung think that the only people who buy this product are Rocket Scientists. Simply, why can't they describe how to install in laymans terms, I'm still stumped. I have a Humax freeview box and a Samsung Smart TV, i took a HDMI from Humax to Soundbar and another from Soundbar to TV and the sound works ok when on the Humax, but nothing when I switch to TV, There is Nothing in the handbooks to explain simple stuff like this, Also what the ferrite block for - not explained, do I need it?

Totally Buggered !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Where you should have started is telling us what soundbar you're talking about. smile.gif Do you have other source devices besides the freeview box? What audio are you trying to get from the "TV" input? The smarthubs apps?

If both the soundbar and TV have ARC, it will send audio out on the same HDMI cable you use to connect, but you have to enable it on both devices. If you don't have ARC, you need a digital cable between TV and soundbar in addition to other connections.

You can google ferrite core to see what it does.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Liked: 12
Steve I understand your frustration with instructions they are all very technical and seem to have been translated through at least two languages before it got to English...

I am going to ask a question and don't take it the wrong way I mean no insult. Why did you try and put it together yourself? I for instance have no experience in sewing and I wouldn't try and make a quilt I would buy one or ask a pro to make one for me. You should either find a friend that is well versed in this stuff or hire the geek squad.

Don't get me wrong the community here will get you the help you need and will make everything work in the end. I wish you well.

Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page