Help with hw-e450 sound bar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-17-2013, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I know I'm dense but I need help setting up this Samsung sound bar. I have a comcast hd box with one hdmi conncection. A sony blu ray with one hdmi and an optical and 55" LG with 2 HDMI's. I want to be able to control the soundbar with the just the cable remote. The tv works off of it right now. I checked the book and the tv has CEC. I know that I wll have to enable that once I enable Anynet on the soundbar remote

I just can't figure out how to connect what to connect where to get everything everything connected. I know that the HDMI 1 from the tv had to go the HDM out on the soundbar. Then I'm lost. Where do I connect the comcast box and where do I connect the blu ray.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-17-2013, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
To get the best audio from blu-rays, connect the BD player directly to the soundbar via HDMI, then connect another HDMI from the soundbar to your TV. Does your TV support ARC? If so, be sure you connect to the ARC port and use a high-speed HDMI cable. Connect the cable box to the TV via HDMI. Turn on Simplink and Anynet+. Set your TV to use external speakers.

If your TV does not support ARC or you choose not to use it, run an optical cable from the cable box to the soundbar.

You'll find lots of connection advice in the master thread for the HW-E450.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-17-2013, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thank you so much. My Tv Has Simplink. It is an LG 55LS4500. Thank you Thank you. I did hook it up with the optical cable but we were getting tired of looking for the soundbar remote evertime we wanted to watch tv and adjust the sound.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page