LG hdtv sound bar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-17-2013, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am thinking of adding a sound bar for my LG 32" HDTV< Model #32L-S3400). Been looking online for sound bars with sub and almost all of them connect to the tv via optical audio input. Problem is i dont think my TV has the optical connection, only have component, usb and 2 HDMI ports. So my question is if there's a sound bar that connects via HDMI? How's the sound quality? Aside from the tv, i have a cable box (FIOS), and a playstation 3 connected to the tv. thanks for all your advice on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi213 View Post

I am thinking of adding a sound bar for my LG 32" HDTV< Model #32L-S3400). Been looking online for sound bars with sub and almost all of them connect to the tv via optical audio input. Problem is i dont think my TV has the optical connection, only have component, usb and 2 HDMI ports. So my question is if there's a sound bar that connects via HDMI? How's the sound quality? Aside from the tv, i have a cable box (FIOS), and a playstation 3 connected to the tv. thanks for all your advice on this.

Welcome.smile.gif

There are lots of soundbars that connect via HDMI. That is my preferred method of connection. Generally speaking, the higher the number of HDMI inputs on the soundbar, the more expensive the soundbar. I have my sources connected directly into my soundbar via HDMI and then output the soundbar to the TV via HDMI. The sound is great and this method allows the video to be passed through to the TV. Another option would be to connect 1 source to the soundbar via HDMI and 1 source via optical. That will probably save you some money because you would only need a soundbar with 1 HDMI input. Most TV's only output 2-channel sound so connecting my TV to the soundbar via optical would probably be my last choice.

It would help if you stated what your budget is.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I am currently looking at the SONY HT-CT550W, it has 3 HDMI inputs and a wireless sub. Or any decent sound bar under $500
post #4 of 5 Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 AM

Liked: 11
What tv are you currently using? I do recommend the HTCT260 over the HTCT550w personally I like the sound better.

Currently Using:
SONY 55HX750
LG 55LM7600
B&W Panorama 1
post #5 of 5 Old 03-18-2013, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
The OP posted TV make and model in his first post. The TV has no audio out, so he'd be better served with a soundbar that has HDMI inputs.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page