Soundbar "error" on the screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've read about some tv's getting an error message when you disable the internal speakers and use your soundbar for the audio. I believe it's when you use the tv remote (but not sure). I have a feeling the folks here know what I'm talking about.

I have a 46" Samsung ToC, LN46A650, 120hz. Is there any way to find out if this will happen to my tv if I were to get a soundbar?

If so, what is the way around this? I've read that some soundbars may simply come with their own remote. I assume this would fix it? Can the issue be resolved with a harmony remote?

I'd be hooking up a Dish HD DVR and a PS3. Using optical cable for both.

Thanks in advance and I'm glad to finally join. I've loved this site for years, but never had a reason to post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Liked: 13
Certain sound bars learn your T.V's remote commands (instead of using a separate remote for the sound bar). The result is that when you press the volume buttons on your T.V remote, the T.V will give you a message that the speakers are disabled.

The easy way to find it'll happen to use is to disable your internal speakers, and then press the volume button on your remote.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
So I tried this and I do in fact get an error in the middle of my screen (when I hook up the tv audio out to act as external speakers while disabling the internal ones). Any suggestions on what to do? I feel like there are many more options for soundbars that DO NOT act as a switch.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-19-2013, 01:48 AM

Liked: 13
Only thing I'm aware of that you can do is simply make sure your sound bar volume is not piggybacking on your T.V volume controls.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Ln46a650 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page