Help, Newbe that thinks he screwed up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a Leon 414 LCR X A, I bought it on a goof, I am afraid it might be a crap box. Does anyone know this company, if so are they ok? I bought it new, I just don't know them and there is not a lot on the web about them. I am wondering if I should have gotten a Samsung or energy sound bar. Please any insight would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Really, I need help. I am a watch guy, you want to know about, IWC, JLC, PP, VC,AP I am your guy, owned or own all of them. Sound bars I know nothing about. Please help. eek.gifmad.gif
post #3 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
I have never heard of it. What do you mean that you bought it on a goof? Did you try hooking it up? If you're that worried about it, try returning it where you bought it.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #4 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

I was goofing around, I caught a FS ad and bought it. I looked them up but mostly company press, never a big fan of that. Company name is leon speakers out of MI. I have not gotten the soundbar yet, it is in transit. This must really be a Sh%t box of a company, no one knows them.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 PM

Liked: 13
Here is a review from Wired - http://www.wired.com/reviews/2012/04/leon-speakers/all/

Looks like it's a high end boutique speaker company.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIBuff View Post

I was goofing around, I caught a FS ad and bought it. I looked them up but mostly company press, never a big fan of that. Company name is leon speakers out of MI. I have not gotten the soundbar yet, it is in transit. This must really be a Sh%t box of a company, no one knows them.

My 10 seconds of research told me that the soundbar costs around $2K+. I'd like to think that you did some research before spending that kind of money. Can you refuse the shipment? If you're that worried about it, try returning it. Contact your CC company, if necessary.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Doc, thanks, I know the MSRP, but I know 20K watches that use common movements and just charge for the name, so price means little to me. I was wondering if anyone had a set of them.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Doc, thanks, I know the MSRP, but I know 20K watches that use common movements and just charge for the name, so price means little to me. I was wondering if anyone had a set of them.

I haven't been around here for long but I know that I have never heard of them. Good luck.

post #9 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego View Post

I haven't been around here for long but I know that I have never heard of them. Good luck.

Doc, thanks for your insight. I am grateful , please don't take the above comment the wrong way. I am not going to return them, I keep what I buy unless they/ it does not function. thanks again.

Tim
post #10 of 11 Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Doc, thanks for your insight. I am grateful , please don't take the above comment the wrong way. I am not going to return them, I keep what I buy unless they/ it does not function. thanks again.

Tim

No worries at all.

post #11 of 11 Old 04-05-2013, 04:56 AM

I just had an A/V consultant come over to give advice on a home theater package and he recommended the Leon soundbar. I had never heard of them either, but this guy puts a lot of home theaters and whole house sound systems together, so I'm interested in seeing his overall proposal. He says that they custom make them to match the TV it is going with so they can be attached to the TV's. He has a good point about our need to have the TV turned 30 degrees to be seen from the Kitchen and have the speakers go with it. I'm just not sure I want a 60" soundbar when my entertainment wall is 13' wide. THX recommends the LR speakers be at 45 degrees from the listener. In our room, that would be closer to 12' apart.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page