Yamaha YAS-201 or Boston Accoustics TVee 26? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-07-2013, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently bought a plasma TV (Panny 55VT50) and am now looking to buy a soundbar with wireless subwoofer to mount on the wall just above the TV. The soundbar will be used almost exclusively for high def TV (and an occasional Blue Ray movie) and not for music or gaming. I don't need anything too fancy or elaborate... I simply looking for an easy way to get much better sound than the TV's built-in speakers. It's a modest size den approx 11ft X 14ft.... And my max budget is $400.

Both of these soundbar's seemed impressive at Paul'sTV.

* Yamaha YAS-201 - $400

* Boston Accoustics TVee 26 - $350

I'd greatly appreciate any opinions or advice on these two soundbars (or others you think would be a better option in my price range). I know the YAS101 w/o the subwoofer has received great reviews, but I haven't seen too much written about the YAS201 with wireless subwoofer. The sales guy was pushing the Boston Accoustics, but I haven't been able to find many opinions on it online.

MANY thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-18-2013, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the 201 w/our TV on the recommendation of the salesman, and I love it so far. I wish the bass was a little more powerful, but I also knew the size of the system I was getting with the budget I wanted to stay within meant I'd compromise a bit on that. But the Clear Voice feature is awesome, and the bass and sound overall is great.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Yamaha Yas 201 Front Surround System With Wireless Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page